Studio Ghibli Film Festival @ Cathay Picture House

Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Studio Ghibli Film Festival @ Cathay Picture House

Post by Gestaltgeek on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 pm

It seems Cathay picture house is holding a Studio Ghibli film festival

STUDIO GHIBLI FILM SERIES
    Date: 17 - 23 December 2009

Studio Ghibli's films have become a beloved part of Japanese popular culture, in much the same way that Disney's animated works have been embraced in modern Western culture. Cultivating a creative force of many talented directors, animators and storytellers under the revered brilliance of Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata, Studio Ghibli's films have inspired a long line of box office successes that are truly works of art. From classics such as My Neighbor Totoro (1988) to Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea (2008), this inaugural Studio Ghibli Film Festival presented by Encore Films and Cathay-Keris Films, will feature a selection of imaginative animated treats full of wonder, heart and magical adventure. The Studio Ghibli Film Festival is an event perfect for the festive season and promises a delightful experience for the young and old.
    source: http://www.fest21.com/en/blog/editor/4_festivals_to_be_held_at_the_picturehouse_singapores_first_arthouse_cinema

According to Cathay's e-ticketing site, the films being shown are Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo on the Cliff, Kiki's Delivery Service and Laputa, Castle in the Sky, and Takahata's Grave of the Fireflies and Only Yesterday. All great animation classics.

I think it'd be good to attend, especially those who have yet to see any of these movies. Also those like myself who have seen them but want to rewatch some of them in full theatre glory. Anyone interested in attending?

Re: Studio Ghibli Film Festival @ Cathay Picture House

Post by kamikazer on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:06 pm

i am...

particularly interested in Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, Ponyo on the cliff, Grave of the fireflies and Only yesterday, since i havent seen them before...
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 am

wth...y are the dates so....i'm in japan from 16th to 24th....and it shows from 17th - 23rd =_=;; what kind of divine will is this??? i've got nausicaa and grave of the fireflies and mononoke on dvd though...and already watched totoro

anyone have the others? to copy or lend?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 am