The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

Fatal Frame <3

chibichan

Fatal Frame <3

Post by chibichan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:56 pm

ZOMG. my post disappeared when i was typing halfway T.T anyways, here it is... again

Fatal Frame is my all time favourite PS2 game that can be played in groups (since it's so creepy and all) or more like 1 will be in charge of controls (or take turns) and the others can provide directional support/look out for vanishing ghosts/scream XD

Produced by Tecmo, Fatal Frame first appeared in Japan under the name of 零 or Project Zero ~

But since I've close to zero knowledge about the Japanese language, I've only played (or rather, watched my friend play) the US version called fatal frame~

In the games of the fatal frame series, your weapon is a cool old camera called the camera obscura which is a spiritual camera able to capture and hurt the ghosts. (which is very useful when encountering the especially vengeful ghosts) But what will mainly draw the players in would be the intricate and dark storyline which usually involves some gruesome and tragically sad ritual.

And the sound/graphic effects are dannnnnng good and realistic. Really provides the atmostphere for playing it. If we decide to hold a chalet @ year end, we should definitely play this to pass time XDDDD oops.

(image from 零Wiki)

Currently, there are 4 games in the fatal frame series, in which 3 of the versions are in english. To entice you, I've provided descriptions/youtube links to the trailers<3

Fatal Frame (PS2/XBox)
    Nine days have passed since Mafuyu, brother of Miku Hinasaki, had disappeared.

It all began about a month ago.

The media reported that the famous novelist Junsei Takamine disappeared while gathering research for an upcoming novel. Mafuyu, an aspiring journalist, suspected that something was wrong. Why would his mentor simply vanish into thin air? Mafuyu decided to conduct a private search for his friend, with the investigation eventually leading to the grounds of a secluded mansion. The Himuro mansion stands silent and imposing deep within the forest. It's said that years ago the mansion belonged to a powerful landowner who had absolute control over the area. But now it's a shadow of its former self, dilapidated and desolate...

As Mafuyu searched the mansion, he found scraps of paper left by Junsei and his staff throughout the mansion. The writings recounted a number of ominous events that happened in the mansion's dark past. Eager to find additional clues within the mansion, Mafuyu rushed in and suddenly realized that he wasn't alone...

Miku came to the Himuro mansion in search of her missing brother. But she had no idea what she was getting into...
    - Opening description from the Fatal Frame Guide

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (PS2/Xbox)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czbIFtje3o

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (PS2/Xbox)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoPAhrCdF8

Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Wii)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXYtxRxaPvw
    ooooh this looks so good. T.T

hahhas, just wanted to share since i <3 it so much~
    mazatsushi

Re: Fatal Frame <3

Post by mazatsushi on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Oh yes, another Fatal Frame lover! Been trying to seriously play the game for some years now, but I got no guts to last beyond 5 mins (LOL!)

So until now still stuck at the first game with literally no progress beyond the starter area with Miku. Looking for someone to do the screaming for me.....
    chibichan

Post by chibichan on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm

wakakakka. yeahh. sometimes we scream until we even scare the person playing when he wasn't scared initially. XD. when we were playing, we finished until like the final boss then lazy to fight so we just watch the online video to complete the game.

but it's really dang nice to play. though the person playing must have some guts sia. hahas. and similarly, for fatal frame III, i was attempting to play it coz' i got curious and my friends haven't come to play it yet so i was a bit intrigued. Tried playing the first part then when i saw the ghost, panicked and didn't dare move another step. hahahahas. and i haven't even had my camera obscura yet. XD
    Stifler

Post by Stifler on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Darn. I always wanted to play this. You rich people with PS2...Grrr...
    overmage

Post by overmage on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:50 pm

PS2 is cheap now, because its kinda outdated. I remember the bloody grandmother who tears off her mammary glands and flings them at you. At 3am in a dark room alone, it's scary to be pelted by boobs.
    chibichan

Post by chibichan on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:39 pm

wahahahhahahahhaa the strange things ghosts do. there was this rope man i think in fatal frame 3 where when he attacks, it's like he's molesting the poor boy, kei, that you're playing XDDDD we had such a kick commenting on that one.

and yea ps2 cheap now. though mine is loaned to me by my friend mwahahhahaa XD
    draxander

Post by draxander on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm

I've long heard of fatal frame but I've never had the guts (and time too heh) to try it o.O Well for me I'd definitely want a group of people around while I'm at it. Haha good idea for the chalet Razz

my PS2 is super old already... I hope it'll last me a few more years yet. No money to buy PS3. T_T
    overmage

Post by overmage on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:29 am

How to play FFXIII without PS3! T_T I dont wanna buy a failbox 360

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 pm