The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

AnimeWorks/Comics Ensemble(?) 2nd Blog is GO!

Gestaltgeek
    Admin

AnimeWorks/Comics Ensemble(?) 2nd Blog is GO!

Post by Gestaltgeek on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 pm

As some of you may know, we are thinking of putting up a 2nd blog for AnimeWorks and possibly Comics Ensemble if they want to. The reason for this is that we want to keep the focus of the main blog to reporting club and local events, acting as the newsfront for our subclub.

The 2nd blog will serve as the mouthpiece of our member bloggers, more in line with an actual blog. Basically, it will be like an irregular "newsletter" for members to voice their opinion of anime/comics, reviews, and other assorted tidbits, that may prove interesting to anime/comic fans and attract people to visit the site and in turn our main websites.

Before we can get this off the ground, I'd like to hear from you all on the following:

- general thoughts on the idea
    - A possible name for the 2nd blog
    - What sort of things you would like to see on the blog
    - Who else is willing to contribute, aside from those who have already volunteered (Stifler, SilentNahani and myself).

Last edited by Gestaltgeek on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Re: AnimeWorks/Comics Ensemble(?) 2nd Blog is GO!

Post by wwy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 pm

i think just give everyone permission. it makes the process of rec'cing something interesting much much faster. just have a core bunch of moderators to delete posts or kick people out if they post unacceptable stuff i guess
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Hmmm...while I can't be handing out contributor priviledges to everyone given that there is a cap limit to how many users each blog can have, what I can do is set up a general blog contributor account and distribute the login and password to subcommers of the clubs.

Nevertheless, I'd like to form a core writing team, as well as some who can act as editors to help approve club contributions.

EDIT Another thing, anyone up for lending their skills at webdesign (as limited as wordpress free may be) for the blog? I hope to distinguish the different blogs visually.

Post by yuriko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:29 am

haha... I dun mind writing something on animes series.... but I dunno how to "maintain" it.. so either I write it in doc format and send to you of you guys to post???

hmmm... 2nd blog for e-newsletter for AnimeWorks... not a bad idea... but I will say, more workload for you bloggers to maintain... Wink
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:31 pm

As you all can see over here, a temporary space has been set up for the blog. http://ntuanime.wordpress.com/ You can give some comments on the preliminary layouts.

As for name of blog, how about "Art In Motion - an NTUVAS Blog on Anime and Comics", borrowing the name of our old NTU Japanese Animation Club Publication from way back when.

Post by Stifler on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 pm

I don't suppose we can edit the CSS of that blog, yes? If we can, we can do some...pretty nice things. Else, we'd just be stuck with the layout and only change the colors.
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Unfortunately no, you need to pay extra per year to permanently edit the blog CSS, otherwise the best you can do is preview what the blog may look like if you did play around with it.

Sadly wordpress doesn't seem to offer the functionality to even change the colours of the chosen blog theme.

Post by yuriko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Wow... I like the "Bright" orange... looks cools! hehe...
    yuriko

Post by yuriko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:23 pm

wah... music... no limited to what type right??? Now listening to the first link....
    yuriko

Post by yuriko on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 am

oh my.... posted wrong area...lol...
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 am

Ok, I think we can open up a trial run of the 2nd blog, which for now will be named "Art in Movement" until someone comes along with something better. 2nd blog is officially go!

I've already set up a contributor account for general use among the club subcomm. For the moment, editors are stifler, SilentNahani, chibi-chana nd myself. Comics Ensemble volunteers for their side? We should be ready to accept any contributions from any of the subcomm members as well, want to pass around the contributor account password by e-mail? alternatively I think we can accept article submission through doc files via e-mail

http://ntuanime.wordpress.com/

Again I accept any feedback on layout and the like. If anyone volunteers to do a better 720 X 200 banner for the blog, I am more than willing to accept help. Editors might want to do intro pieces on the blog as well.

For articles, maybe we might want to clean up some of the anime Terminology stuff int he Anime forums and make them into proper articles? Also, I might do some revisions on my old Anime History exhibition pieces and adapt them in blog articles. Comics Ensemble might want to move their discussion piece on comic art evolution to Art in Movement as well. Feel free to discuss more artivcle ideas.

Once we have some articles under our belt, do you think it'll be good to lsit us under some blog aggregators?

Post by Stifler on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:41 am

Already posted something up there. Aren't I fast? Ahaha.
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:09 pm

nicely done... i like your explanations of the chess moves since i dont play chess and couldnt understand the title.
    Stifler

Post by Stifler on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 am

Gestaltgeek wrote:

Again I accept any feedback on layout and the like. If anyone volunteers to do a better 720 X 200 banner for the blog, I am more than willing to accept help. Editors might want to do intro pieces on the blog as well.

I can probably cook up some banners when I have the time.

Gestaltgeek wrote:
    Once we have some articles under our belt, do you think it'll be good to lsit us under some blog aggregators?

Yup. As our blog is right now, we get only like 5 hits a day, and probably half of them are from myself. Adding it on to blog aggregators or some RSS feeds can bring more traffic to the site, even through I don't like using blog aggregators myself.
    shuupi

Post by shuupi on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am

Hi,

if you need any idea for blog templete,
    here is one sample design for our joint blog: http://ntucomicensemble.blogspot.com/

the banner writing is adjustable (i still hv the psd file, so can just change it to "Animeworks & ComicEnsemble"

Wink thx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:47 am