The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

Make V-man into a Comic, Animation or something else?

Kageshiro

Make V-man into a Comic, Animation or something else?

Post by Kageshiro on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 am

Since there was a topic floating about regarding planning to make a comic or animation this year, and to combine it together with promoting the club. Since they created the V-man mascot last year, would it be gd to follow up on this and turn the V-man into something more tangible like a manga and/or animation showing him exhibiting some of the anime/manga/otaku traits? to give V-man a personality in a sense. The shape is ralatively simple to start off with so it shouldn't be all that hard to draw or animate...(yea more like a super boxy mecha-humanoid). Just thought this migh be a good starting point for ideas. Could V-man be turned in to other products like key-chains/bookmarks (for mangas) or a white one so ppl can customise their own like some blank figurines.(not just as a design for a competition like last year). Pls post your comments
    wwy

Re: Make V-man into a Comic, Animation or something else?

Post by wwy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:49 pm

tt's what the seniors wanted actually. i think we need a good script is all haha
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Actually, I'm quite hesitant to make the v-man the full blown mascot of our club. First of all, his design is actually borrowed from some available template on the internet. (I can't rememebr the site, but it is actually a free template that anyone can use and customize with their own colours and patterns) If we want to continue using a v-man, he might need to undergo a revamp, or relegate him to a more background role.

Perhaps it might be good to explore new mascot ideas as well. I myself have a few pretty lame ones (*cough* VAS Sentai/ Rangers *cough*).

Post by wwy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 am

you could have a generic (maybe more well designed, up to you) mascot of some chick (like dannych00) or you can have a guy too or you can have both. Nothing -too- fanciful i guess? cuz we sort of need people to easily draw it with a minimum of skill i suppose haha
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 am

ah yea....was thinking of redrawing the v-man though...but the V sounds a bit......."Viewtiful Joe" if he ended up as a sentai type char...and i dun think a blob type mascot is that great of an idea...imagine a V-dango ( \/ ) <-wth?! but compared to [V] <- -_-" ...how about something like a pikachu type~ something like a pet type mascot? or if u want a balance. u can have a V team....with male warrior/female mahou shoujo/a mecha/a cyborg and a pet~ but too many mascots might be a problem. Maybe i'll see if i can attempt something XD.
    wwy

Post by wwy on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:24 am

if i'm not wrong the dragon thing on the dude's shoulder in the extravanganza poster is the NUS mascot.
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:19 am

if we have programmers... how bout a visual novel?

could be useful in promoting the existence of such a genre of game since its not easily available in a local language to those who are not in-the-know, unlike anime or manga...
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:09 am

kamikazer wrote:if we have programmers... how bout a visual novel?

could be useful in promoting the existence of such a genre of game since its not easily available in a local language to those who are not in-the-know, unlike anime or manga...

Furthermore, there are actually some free visual novel engines available out there that are rather simple to use, and don't require much programming knowledge before hand:

Ren'py http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Home_Page
    Blade: http://bladeengine.com/news/currentNews/2006/0724.php

Post by wwy on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 am

i think "simple to use" is a little misleading. not that it's hard to do so, but the process of making a VN is extremely tedious (look at katawa shoujo, for one). not that i'm against the idea though!
    Weiliang

Post by Weiliang on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Well, im up for any idea if there are ppl willing to commit the time to work on it. just gimme the drafts, designs and plot and CoEn can maybe try to make something out of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 am