The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

Post your artworks here :)

wwy

Re: Post your artworks here :)

Post by wwy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:29 pm

haha i'm in both.... you just end up devoting more time to one side than the other is all~

Helix

Post by Helix on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 pm

I was pretty excited at the NTU doujin suggestion that i couldnt do my work properly lol! So to get it out of my hair I tried to do one for ADM+ my personification:

http://helix999.deviantart.com/art/My-personification-with-ADM-139907111

I'm having trouble posting pics so pls make do with the link!
    wwy

Post by wwy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:33 pm

ah mind if i put that up on the blog?

Helix

Post by Helix on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Yap can! I was trying to post it there but alast I dunno how T-T
    Jeca

Post by Jeca on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:30 pm

I shall be shameless and post it up. >...< 请多多指教.

A sort of completed one, was considering submitting for gamer's high, but then have no idea how to colour.

Another idea for gamer's high ,but it's not fleshed out. it's literally gamer's high..

Can anyone help in coloration or give pointers? >..<

Last edited by enJia on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pictures!)

Helix

Post by Helix on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:27 am

The story concept is nice! I'm not really good with colour though but i usually ink it (on a different piece of paper with a lightbox) then in photoshop adjust contrast so you get nice white and black pic. Then use "colour range" to select the white and remaining greys and mask it. That will leave you with the black lines only without actually deleting anything from your original pic. Then create a layer underneath for every colouration you add. Mine is not the only way ba if got other easier way then better! Dunno if weiliang will cover this or not on wed.
    wwy

Post by wwy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 am

oh haha the story concept reminds me of this comic

http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF134-Game_System.gif
    sakiaishida

Post by sakiaishida on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:25 am

*waves* not from comics...but I was really feeling the NTU doujin thing and was bored during breaks so I did some preliminary sketches for my course.

...as it is too early in the morning to try and figure out the exact pixels needed to resize it so that I don't kill the page, I'm picky like that, I decided to provide a link. (Summary: I'm lazy)

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/287/7/6/human_MoE__prelimary_work__by_sakiaishida.jpg

it...it..isn't very good lah...and the proportions are weird m_m....and..I need to get my ass down to scan it....and colour it too..hopefully. *falls into self depreciation*
    wwy

Post by wwy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:28 pm

ahaha you can get jeanny to redraw it for you or something if you like, she's super good at drawing chicks
    Weiliang

Post by Weiliang on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:54 pm

reminds me of Yomiko Readman.
    if you duno who she is, check out anime work's screening of Read or Die
    shuupi

Post by shuupi on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:24 am

@sakia: wheee i love the hairr! So moeeee <333 kawai to the core!

Continue with ur submission ppl <3 <3 moar works moar merrier! <3

Helix

Post by Helix on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 am

i totally agree! the hair is nice! plus i just saw the sad miko strips... HAHAHAHA!
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:33 pm

T_T i took an excessively long time just to draw this base...had to redraw the position and pose of the arms/upper body/lower body/legs/feet/neck/head/hair/eyes/mouth.....oh wait thats like everything...

At first, i was working on it in like 10 layers and originally wanted the arms in a certain pose so that i can put on of them in a cast...but it didn't work out....so after several redrawings of the arm later i finally got this...but i had to resize and move ard a lot of the parts here and there. think i got it to look as perfect as i can for now >_<;;

sry my style of drawing is to draw the body first then add clothes on later, can't visualise it immediately with clothes on...although if i draw the clothes first, a lot of the minor changes in the curves of the body can be covered up

Ayanami Rei-sitting

Anyone want to add on costume and colour? I wanted to use this as a base so i can add on plugsuit/sch/bandaged versions and add something for her to sit on, and a mini spear on longinus or a cross in her hand.

*edit* Quick colouring...sry my colouring skills sux...

actually did a few tests...first one was too yellow, then too pink...finally tried using some light shade of orange and got this. haven't done digital colouring much b4 so nvr knew what i should use to get skin tone or other stuff. Anyone can share some tips on finding/matching colours?

Last edited by Kageshiro on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Weiliang

Post by Weiliang on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

i seem to have lotsa problems trying to upload a picture =/
    anyway its here on my deviant account:

http://radiant-wing.deviantart.com/art/The-Hakurei-Shrine-Maiden-140562072

Helix

Post by Helix on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:44 am

Kageshiro wrote:T_T i took an excessively long time just to draw this base...had to redraw the position and pose of the arms/upper body/lower body/legs/feet/neck/head/hair/eyes/mouth.....oh wait thats like everything...

At first, i was working on it in like 10 layers and originally wanted the arms in a certain pose so that i can put on of them in a cast...but it didn't work out....so after several redrawings of the arm later i finally got this...but i had to resize and move ard a lot of the parts here and there. think i got it to look as perfect as i can for now >_<;;

sry my style of drawing is to draw the body first then add clothes on later, can't visualise it immediately with clothes on...although if i draw the clothes first, a lot of the minor changes in the curves of the body can be covered up

Ayanami Rei-sitting

Anyone want to add on costume and colour? I wanted to use this as a base so i can add on plugsuit/sch/bandaged versions and add something for her to sit on, and a mini spear on longinus or a cross in her hand.

*edit* Quick colouring...sry my colouring skills sux...

actually did a few tests...first one was too yellow, then too pink...finally tried using some light shade of orange and got this. haven't done digital colouring much b4 so nvr knew what i should use to get skin tone or other stuff. Anyone can share some tips on finding/matching colours?

Actually I also do it this way and sometimes my when my lil' sis sees my sketch she'll be like "Jie why you always draw naked guys and girls one!?"

LOL anyway i tot maybe:
    1) you can get a picture with the skin tone you really like then open it in PS and inkdrop it to get colour hex number
    2)or if you're lazy like me you can try toggling "HUE" under New Adjustment Layer
    3)for shadows I normally use the same skin tone but put as "multipy" and adjust the opacity, then i try inkdrop the colour number cos for multiply when you go over it the second time the colour darkens/overlaps so difficult to control

Hope this helps though... just thought of it, I'm not exactly an expert also Razz
    Kageshiro

Post by Kageshiro on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:48 pm

sry, i think i should post my artwork somewhere else then link it rather than directly post here all the time...takes up a lot of space...

just did a quick sketch and color on top of the earlier one, in sch uniform

Deceivion

Post by Deceivion on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh my god the Ayanami is gorgeous! Very Happy I love the shading...

Oh and I finally got a tablet!

Here's just the head shot.. I'm not done with the body...

Now what I need is photoshop... :S

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm