The official forum of the NTU Visual Arts Society

Welcome and Introduction thread

Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by Gestaltgeek on Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:01 am

Hey one and all, welcome to the new NTUVAS forum! Ain't much to look right now, but we're working on it....I hope.

So here we have a welcome and introduction thread, come go ahead, post here and introduce yourselves.

So anyway, for those who don't know, this is Amos from AnimeWorks here (on that note, let me shill our club website some more: http://ntuanimeworks.wordpress.com/). If you ever see a primeparadigm elsewhere on the net, that's likely to be me as well. I have a thing for alliterative handles. What can I say about myself? I 'm admittedly very much the stereotypical geek you see so often in western media, and as such have quite a few geeky pursuits, including anime, comics, toy collecting, sci fi, etc so on and so forth. I hope to see this forum be a gathering ground for people of shared interests as well, especially among the NTU student population.

That's it for me now.

Last edited by Gestaltgeek on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Re: Welcome and Introduction thread

Post by charlieyankee on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:56 pm

first thing, nice forum, amos! Very Happy

okies, i'm chin yi from animeworks. like almost everyone else here, i read manga and watches anime. don't have much restriction on the genres but i do especially love sport-theme series~

yup, tt's abt it for now. cheers
    Gestaltgeek
    Admin

Post by Gestaltgeek on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Actually you should be thanking Yee Jian from publicity side for setting up the forum, I'm just helping to kick things off.
    ill-lushtrator

Post by ill-lushtrator on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Well, finally, this is *the* forum for all VAS members. I remember there was one other forum, but I remembered that the older moderators kinda forget/lost access to the older forum. And now, this is the proper place to discuss and whatnots. Oh, joy! ^__^

Guess who I am (deviantART members know my username, LOL!)
    Hayate

Post by Hayate on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 pm

roar. hello. actually i have been using the same nick for almost everything that u can just call me hayate. those who know me will noe me. haha.

my latest craze is nico nico dance, macross frontier songs, bleach and naruto manga (www.onemanga.com) etc. yeah! yoroshiku onegaishimasu. those who surf sgcafe, can find me on sgcafe with similar nick neh. ciao.
    wwy

Post by wwy on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:41 pm

why hayate? the only hayate i know tho is e combat butler. hahaha.

congrats on having e forum set up. now we need more participation hahaha.
    cloud0_o

Post by cloud0_o on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 am

Hihi everyone, those who r in the club previously will kno who i m, for those who newly joined, roxanne here. =)

Juz like my nick suggest, i love Cloud the best, among all of my gaming chars. Hols juz started on crisis core and recently finish it. haiz, the game is out for more than a yr le, now then finally got the time to play. Bt the graphics is totally awesome, although i kno the ending b4 i played, cant help crying over the sad ending, Looking forward to FFVIII. The trailer is on youtube seems great. Any FF or gaming fan here?? XD

Like all of u here, i watch anime and manga, bt manga stands a smaller percentage. Genre wise, haha, i prefer either humour, or action, best is wif bi-shounen, hehe, coz i m a girl u see.

Looking forward to kno more abt all of u. =P
    laguna84

Post by laguna84 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi all, Benjamin here,

Read and watch mostly mainstream stuff like Naruto and Bleach. And some Hitman Reborn and a recent addition Soul Eater.

FFs played : 7,8 king ,9(stopped halfway)

I draw. If you have anyone that would like to commission for a drawing of anything, drop me a message.

I like the Full Metal Alchemist, but I haven't seen the manga yet. I heard recently that there was going to be a remake on the anime, with a storyline following the manga.

P.S. Did anyone else cry watching that anime? I know I did. Crying or Very sad

ラビღ

Post by ラビღ on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Cool! The forum actually allowed me to regsiter my name in hiragana~ Very Happy

The only person who will know who i am is Rox aka Cloud0_o. That's super obvious clue to my identity right?

From my nick, it easy to guess that I'm a D.Gray-Man (super) fan Very Happy Haha..

So yep, I'm prefer shounen animes.. or anything that is associated with horror/supernatural/action..

douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu~
    Dcal

Post by Dcal on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Do I really need to introduce myself? -lol-

*gets ready to be flamed*

HaNDy

Post by HaNDy on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:33 am

Hi every one! I'm totally new to the club and from animeworks Hieu here Very Happy.

Like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and any shounen/ action/ supernatural manga Very Happy but I read any kind of manga if it's good =)).

ZeroG

Post by ZeroG on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi all, this is ZeroG, still not a member of VAS but it should be fine to be here, isnt it? LOL.
    Of coz well duh, im a NTU student. Currently first year.

Right now im still in the see see look look situation. My first semester was a screwed up
    (POINT TO NOTE NO. 1, NEVER CRAMP STUDIES IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS B4 EXAM - AT LEAST NOT IN UNI)

どぞ宜しくお願いします
    shuupi

Post by shuupi on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:56 am

Hey hey Smile this is Jeanny Very Happy

me ish freshie yo yo, fresh from the oven. so for seniors, yoroshiku onegaisimasu~ Smile (whatever the spelling since im bad in japanese xp~)

as for anime, i tried to watch SELain when i was younger, but then i dont understand a single episode of it xp.. haha im so nub.

i love music Smile!! almost all kind Very Happy. listening to this atm ;-).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk3BtmwZp0E&feature=related
    draxander

Post by draxander on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

Hi everyone, another new member here! Smile

My name's Li Hui and I use this username for most things... so maybe one day you might stumble upon my username somewhere and know it's me. But I'm rarely active on online forums and other things nowadays, haha. I think almost nobody here will know me, because every meeting thus far has clashed with my lessons! (I am an unfortunate person who has lesson on Wednesdays, evening to night. Sad ) Nvm, I intend to know you all eventually. Smile

Like Roxanne/Cloud0_o, I'm also an FF gamer. Haven't had time to play much, but I've finished 7 and 12, and started a bit on 8,9 and 10, but I doubt I'll have the chance to finish them. The Crisis Core ending made me cry too, even though I knew what was coming. :/ Sigh.

I like watching anime but then sadly again not much time to do so nowadays. So I definitely haven't been watching anything new.

Interestingly, I chose to join Design subcomm in hope of gaining more skill in design areas. Right now I'm still not very good I feel. So I hope the pros won't mind tolerating my lack of knowledge haha.

Anyway, I hope this forum flourishes! I think it should be the most convenient avenue for us to interact with each other. Smile
    Stifler

Post by Stifler on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome, Draxander and shuupi! Hope to see more of your posts here in the forums! Wait...Should I call you by your real names? Ahaha.

Come to think of it, I have not introduced myself yet, have I? Yup yup. Anyway, this is Alvin. Like Li Hui before me, I usually use this username for pretty much everything. So if you see a "Stifler" floating around somewhere, and that person happens to have a White Len signature and avartar, chances are, said person is me. Ahaha.

Hope to see more people here!^^
    draxander

Post by draxander on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Haha it's up to you really. I believe I will respond to both?? Hmm... wonder when activity over here will pick up... xD
    wwy

Post by wwy on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:18 am

btw i'm weiyang. and avengelist is gavin, which i'm naming because he didnt intro himself ahaha.
    draxander

Post by draxander on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:46 am

Are there a lot of seniors here? I'm getting confused... don't really know anyone yet haha. XDD
    Stifler

Post by Stifler on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Dunno. I'm a freshie myself. Don't worry Draxander, you'll get to know us sooner or later. Same goes for myself - I still don't know anyone here. XD
    draxander

Post by draxander on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Stifler wrote:Dunno. I'm a freshie myself. Don't worry Draxander, you'll get to know us sooner or later. Same goes for myself - I still don't know anyone here. XD

I see. Which 'wing' are you technically from? I feel that we shouldn't be so divided up, actually. And the forum should be more active except I'm not sure why not many people registered and/or are participating here. Haha. My other gripe about the forum is the perpetual emptiness at the Design section, which is where I'm technically from. (I'm a total noob though, I just came here to learn from the pros... maybe absorb some skills through diffusion. Smile And make new friends.)
    chibichan

Post by chibichan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Introing myselfff.....

Denise here, anime chairperson for 09/10.
    Currently studying acc & biz/yr 2. Smile

and yeaa... but the subclubs are rather close i believe though designer is a bit less active than comics and anime i guess o.o... it's just the members and subcommers that are divided. From my understanding, members won't be involved in club activities unless they want to but will be notified and given member privileges for VAS event. Maybe there will be an entire VAS outing (means inclusive of members, subcomm, maincomm) like during the hols? We should propose it! XD
    draxander

Post by draxander on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Ah, good, I finally know another person! xD I think previously I only know Amos because I've seen/talked to him before at the welcome tea. Haha nevermind, slowly I'll get to know everyone. =) Business and Accountancy? I seem to know quite a few friends who are from biz and acct too, but yr 1. Popular choice?

it's just the members and subcommers that are divided. From my understanding, members won't be involved in club activities unless they want to but will be notified and given member privileges for VAS event. Maybe there will be an entire VAS outing (means inclusive of members, subcomm, maincomm) like during the hols? We should propose it! XD

Really? Haha perhaps I should classify myself as an 'active member' for the moment. Alot of what you guys are planning seem interesting! Except that I can't make it down personally most of the time. ;_; For instance, my entire recess week is gone because of a leadership camp. I am greatly saddened. -_- The outing's a good idea though. I would go if I could!
    chibichan

Post by chibichan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

yeaa... i think i'll raise this point at the coming main comm meeting. Because I myself am not sure where the line in drawn between subcomm and active member as you nicely put it Smile how much contribution must a subcomm give to be considered "subcomm"...
    kamikazer

Post by kamikazer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 pm

ore wo dare da to omotte yaru!?

joudan desu yo.

Kun Loong here. forgot to intro myself before making some other posts...
    currently in Mechanical engineering yr2.

i'm relatively new in anime... about 3 yrs only... so please guide me along

other interests include astronomy, which is my other club commitment, where i'm a subcomm also. those interested in the night sky can look for me.
    i'm also interested in photography, but never got around to doing it as i havent got the budget to afford a DSLR.
    also interested in japanese language, but never got myself formally trained. would be glad to know if anyone can teach a bit.

i'm a trekkie and a stargater as well.

hmm... koko de oshimai.

de wa.
    draxander

Post by draxander on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:51 pm

@kamikazer: Haha then you are technically my senior. I'm in Mech Eng too, but not yet started on Mech Eng modules. Taking CN Yang modules atm. x_x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm